Dear applicants, here’s an update on how the Semesterticketbüro is handling the current situation:
- We have not been allowed into our office since mid-March, and since we can only access your applications from there, we have not been able to continue processing them. We’re currently trying to find a solution that will let us pay your subsidies as timely as possible, but we can’t say yet when that is going to be or how it’s going to work. Please be patient a little longer, we will keep you updated.
- It took a while, but we are now able to access our emails from home and are currently working on answering everything in our inbox. Unfortunately we still can’t be reached via phone.
- Please do NOT send us questions about your applications. As stated above, we can not access them from home and can not answer any questions about whether they have arrived, how far they’ve been processed or if anything is missing.
- As usual we can accept belated applications only if you’re newly matriculated in summer semester 2020 or if exceptional circumstances prevented you from applying in time (e.g. if you were outside of Germany during the application period and only returned now). We genereally can not accept applications that are late due to the current situation with Covid-19, both because that would be unfair to everyone else who applied in time and because the application is about the fees paid in January/February and considers your situation in July-December 2019, so that the current situation is irrelevant for the application. However, the application period for winter semester is going to start in June (if all goes according to plan) and that will cover January-June 2020, so feel free to apply then.
- As far as we are aware there are currently no plans for a general refund of the semester ticket fees due to the current situation, despite no classes being held in person. In general, if you have questions regarding the issuing, payment or validity of the semester ticket, please contact the matriculation office, since we don’t have anything to do with that.
- If you are in a difficult situation financially, please contact the Refrat’s social counselling (beratung.allgemein @ refrat.hu-berlin.de) or finance counselling (beratung.bafoeg @ refrat.hu-berlin.de ) teams.
We hope you’re all getting through this crisis as easily as possible and are looking forward to being there for you again soon.
due to the current events concerning Covid-19 we have to inform you, that we will close the Semesterticket office until further notice. As soon as we are able to continue our work, we are going to notice you here.
Furthermore we would like to calm you about deadlines, which can not be uphold in the future – we will work with the uni administration on possible solutions etc.
Wishing you all and your beloved ones a good time according to the circumstances, watch out for yourselves,
Update March 13: Since the building where our offices are located will be closed from Monday on, and working from home is not possible for us, we’re still trying to figure out if and how long our work needs to rest in the next few weeks. Therefore we might not be able to offer consultation via phone at the times given below, and it might take longer than usual for emails to be answered. Please be patient!
Due to the current situation concerning the Corona-Virus our office has decided to close the personal office hours, starting from the 16th of March until further notice. You can still reach us through phone or email during our usual office hours (Mondays and Wednesdays).
If you need an agreement for the Immatrikulationsbüro, please contact us via mail or phone, we will then consult you in person.
To hand in applications, proofs or in case you have questions please use all other available forms to contact us (email, post, letter box or phone).
Thank you for your understanding!
We were finally able to finish processing the applications for winter semester 19/20 for Kunsthochschule Weißensee and will send out your notifications this week. You should receive your subsidies within the month.
Please remember that you need to hand in your applications for summer semester 2020 by March 14!
Due to problems communcating with their financial department, we’ve so far been unable to send out notifications or pay the subsidies for winter semester 2019/20 for KHB students. We’re doing what we can, but unfortunately we’re dependent on cooperation from the financial department and can’t finish processing the applications without it. Please be patient a little longer, and if you’re unable to pay your semester fees without the subsidy, please contact your matriculation office.
Please remember that applications for summer semester 2020 are still due by February 29 (or March 14 at the very latest).
1.Due to technical problems the transfer of the winter semester subsidies has been delayed a little, but if everything goes according to plan from now on, you should receive your subsidies within the next 1-2 weeks. Applications that have been accepted after the regular application period (e.g. newly matriculated students) will be processed within the next month or so and you will receive individual notifications once your application is complete. For the KHB we’re still waiting for crucial information from their financial department, without which we can’t send out the notifications or payments – please be patient a little longer.
2.The application period for summer semester 2020 has begun and will run until 29.2.2020, with a grace period until 14.3. You can find the current application forms by our office and they will also be uploaded to the website soon (unfortunately there have also been unresolved technical issues here) – please check back later this month or pick up a form from the office.
We printed the notifications about the results of you applications (HU students only) for winter semester 2019/20 yesterday, so depending on when the post department sends them out, you should receive them within the next week or so. Please check your mail and make sure that the bank account data on the notification are correct.
If you don’t receive a notification, one of the following might be the case:
– You’re a student at KHB. Notifications for KHB students will be sent out in January at the latest.
– You’re newly matriculated or handed in your application after the official deadline, or your application was on time, but we couldn’t finish it yet and put it aside instead of declining it, which we may opt to do in certain circumstances. These applications will be looked at in the coming weeks and you will receive your notifications separately.
– The notification letter got lost in the mail. Unfortunately that happens, but you will still receive your subsidy (either via bank transfer, or in cash from January on if you opted for that.)
Please remember that the new application period starts on January 1. You’ll find the new forms on our website or by our office after the end of the academic holidays. The application period ends February 29, with a grace period until March 14.
The time has almost come! We are almost ready to send out your notifications, but because of that we need to cancel our office hours on Wednesday December the 4th 2019.
Due to staff shortage the office will be closed again on Friday, July 19.
The office is open during the regular hours on Wednesday and in Adlershof on Thursday.
Unfortunately there has been another technical problem due to which the subsidies have not been transferred yet. The problem is now fixed and you should receive your subsidies for summer semester 2019 around the beginning of next week. We apologise for the delay!
Please remember that applications for winter semester 2019/20 are due by July 31. (There’s a grace period of 14 days after that, but if you choose to use it, please try to make sure that your applications are complete with all necessary documents.)