Last modified on 15. October 2014
What to do in case of ticket controls
If you can’t show ID during a ticket control you will be treated as if you had no ticket. The same is true if you laminate the ticket. The public transport authority regards laminated tickets as invalid.
These are the possibilities during a ticket control:
You do not carry your Semesterticket with you. But you have a valid ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.):
- the ticket controllers will ask you to pay 40,- € „Erhöhtes Beförderungsentgelt”.
- if you can present your Semesterticket within 7 calendar days to the „feststellendes Verkehrsunternehmen” (usually the BVG) your „Erhöhtes Beförderungsentgelt” will be reduced to 7,- € (§ 9-3 Bef.Bed.).
You carry your valid Semesterticket with you but no official photo ID:
- the controllers will ask you to pay 40,- € „Erhöhtes Beförderungsentgelt”.
Your Semesterticket is laminated but you have a valid photo ID:
- the controllers will ask you to pay 40,- € „Erhöhtes Beförderungsentgelt” and tell you, that the Semesterticket must not be laminated. The ticket is not considered original and valid anymore (§ 8-1 Bef.Bed.)
- you need to go to the Immatrikulationsbüro to get a new Semesterticket and present it within 7 calendar days at the „feststellendes Verkehrsunternehmen” (Usually the BVG). Your „Erhöhtes Beförderungsentgelt” will then be reduced to 7,- €. (§9-3 Bef.Bed.)