Since the application period for WiSe 20/21 started two weeks late, we have decided to also extend it by two weeks. That means the regular application period ended August 14 and the grace period will continue until August 31. If you choose to make use of it, please try to send your application complete with all necessary documents (the application form contains two pages explaining which documents we need). If you’re sending it via email, please also read our guidelines for email applications.
Important: applications for Individualzahlung (letter for the matriculation office) also need to be sent in by August 31 at the latest!
We’re finally done and will be printing the notifications for the summer semester subsidies for HU today. You should receive them in the Mail at some point next week and the subsidies will be transferred 2-3 weeks after that.
If you do not receive at letter from us in the next 1-2 weeks:
- Belated applications (e.g. if you were newly matriculated in SoSe 20 or your application was accepted after the regular period) are still being processed.
- Application from students of KHB are still being processed.
- Some applications which were missing important information or about which we had questions are still being processed. If we sent you a letter with questions within the last 1-2 months, it’s possible that your application will not be included in this first wave of notifications.
We will process all of these applications as fast as we can and send out the notifications and subsidies individually. If you are sure that you should have received a notification, please let us know.
ATTENTION CASH SUBSIDIED
Once more: if you opted to receive the subsidy in cash and haven’t sent us your bank details yet, please do so asap! (Doesn’t have to be your own account, but if it’s not we need the name and address of the account holder.) Since the Kasse is currently closed to everyone who doesn’t work at HU and we can’t see applicants in person either, we are unable to offer subsidies in cash this semester and next.
The grace period for applications for winter semester 2020/21 ends on August 14. Please make sure to send your applications in time, as we can only accept belated applications if you’re newly or belatedly matriculated or in exceptional cases if you were unable to apply in time for reasons such as being ill during the application period.
1. Application forms: took a little longer than planned, but should be uploaded today or by the end of the week at the latest. Thank you for your patience!
2. Individualzahlung (letter for the matriculation office): we can now offer this again if needed, please write us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll explain how to proceed.
3. Payment in cash: if you asked to receive your subsidy for summer semester 20 in cash (or haven’t picked up your subsidy from a previous semester yet), please send us bank details for the transfer asap. (Doesn’t have to be your own account, in that case just tell us the name and address of the account holder in addition to the IBAN.) Cash payments won’t be possible for the time being.
Since we will be unable to offer personal counseling for now, this is how we will deal with issues that would usually require you coming by in person:
1. Payment of subsidies in cash: if you asked for your summer semester subsidy to be paid in cash and it’s at all possible for you to have it transferred to a bank account instead (doesn’t have to be your own), please send us the account details (Name of the account holder and IBAN. If it’s not your own, we also need the address of the account holder; if it’s not a German account we also need the BIC.) We will be unable to pay out subsidies in cash until both we and the Kasse are allowed to have visitors again and we don’t know yet when that will be. (Don’t worry, though, you will still get the subsidies, you’ll just have to wait.)
2. Individualzahlungen (letter about your application for the matriculation office): our current plan is that you can contact us via email, we will send you the agreement to sign and once that is returned to us we will send you the letter for the matriculation office. However, we still need to discuss this plan with the matriculation office, so for now we’re asking for your patience a little longer. When in doubt, please contact the matriculation office/Compass directly for an extension to your payment deadline until we’re clearer on how the Individualzahlung will proceed.
Other than that, we’re now starting to work on everything that has been on hold. The current state of affairs:
– Applications for winter semester 20/21 should be available from next week.
– Applications for summer semester 20 are now being processed and we hope that we will be able to pay the subsidies as soon as July or August. However, please keep in mind that we’re dependent on a number of other institutions that we need to cooperate with, so the timing of the payments depends on them as well as on us. Therefore please be patient a little longer and don’t ask when the subsidies will be paid – you’ll read it here as soon as we know.
– Belated applications for summer semester 20 that are belated only because of Corona will not be accepted. See here for the reasons: http://www.refrat.de/semtix/wordpress/information-about-the-situation-concerning-semtix/
Dear applicants, from the end of next week we will finally be allowed to return to our office, in very limited capacities. What does that mean for your current and upcoming applications?
- Your applications are still being processed, though of course it’s taking longer than usual. We’re currently trying to find a way to speed up the process to make up for the exceptional circumstances, but unfortunately we can not yet say exactly when you will receive your subsidies. If that leads to you being unable to pay your semester fees on time, please contact the matriculation office before the end of the payment period to ask for an extension!
- The application period for winter semester 20/21 will be postponed for 14 days, i.e. you will find the new application forms here from June 14. Please either scan them and send them via Email (they can’t be filled out at the computer and need to be signed by hand) or send them via post, since the mailbox by our office is not accessible to the public at the moment.
- Students still aren’t allowed to enter the HU buildings, so we won’t be able to offer in person counseling or pay out subsidies in cash until that ban is lifted. If you have questions regarding your application, please contact us via email or – from June 8 – via phone.
- If you applied for a subsidy for SoSe 2020 and asked to receive the subsidy in cash, please let us know if it’s possible to receive it via transfer instead, and if so send us your bank details (IBAN and name of the account holder, plus their address if it’s someone other than you, and the BIC if it’s an account outside of Germany).
As soon as we know when the subsidies will be paid, or if there are any other news, we will let you know here. Please check this page occasionally, especially before writing an email to ask a general question. Thank you!
Update March 13: Since the building where our offices are located will be closed from Monday on, and working from home is not possible for us, we’re still trying to figure out if and how long our work needs to rest in the next few weeks. Therefore we might not be able to offer consultation via phone at the times given below, and it might take longer than usual for emails to be answered. Please be patient!
Due to the current situation concerning the Corona-Virus our office has decided to close the personal office hours, starting from the 16th of March until further notice. You can still reach us through phone or email during our usual office hours (Mondays and Wednesdays).
If you need an agreement for the Immatrikulationsbüro, please contact us via mail or phone, we will then consult you in person.
To hand in applications, proofs or in case you have questions please use all other available forms to contact us (email, post, letter box or phone).
Thank you for your understanding!
We were finally able to finish processing the applications for winter semester 19/20 for Kunsthochschule Weißensee and will send out your notifications this week. You should receive your subsidies within the month.
Please remember that you need to hand in your applications for summer semester 2020 by March 14!
Due to problems communcating with their financial department, we’ve so far been unable to send out notifications or pay the subsidies for winter semester 2019/20 for KHB students. We’re doing what we can, but unfortunately we’re dependent on cooperation from the financial department and can’t finish processing the applications without it. Please be patient a little longer, and if you’re unable to pay your semester fees without the subsidy, please contact your matriculation office.
Please remember that applications for summer semester 2020 are still due by February 29 (or March 14 at the very latest).
1.Due to technical problems the transfer of the winter semester subsidies has been delayed a little, but if everything goes according to plan from now on, you should receive your subsidies within the next 1-2 weeks. Applications that have been accepted after the regular application period (e.g. newly matriculated students) will be processed within the next month or so and you will receive individual notifications once your application is complete. For the KHB we’re still waiting for crucial information from their financial department, without which we can’t send out the notifications or payments – please be patient a little longer.
2.The application period for summer semester 2020 has begun and will run until 29.2.2020, with a grace period until 14.3. You can find the current application forms by our office and they will also be uploaded to the website soon (unfortunately there have also been unresolved technical issues here) – please check back later this month or pick up a form from the office.
We printed the notifications about the results of you applications (HU students only) for winter semester 2019/20 yesterday, so depending on when the post department sends them out, you should receive them within the next week or so. Please check your mail and make sure that the bank account data on the notification are correct.
If you don’t receive a notification, one of the following might be the case:
– You’re a student at KHB. Notifications for KHB students will be sent out in January at the latest.
– You’re newly matriculated or handed in your application after the official deadline, or your application was on time, but we couldn’t finish it yet and put it aside instead of declining it, which we may opt to do in certain circumstances. These applications will be looked at in the coming weeks and you will receive your notifications separately.
– The notification letter got lost in the mail. Unfortunately that happens, but you will still receive your subsidy (either via bank transfer, or in cash from January on if you opted for that.)
Please remember that the new application period starts on January 1. You’ll find the new forms on our website or by our office after the end of the academic holidays. The application period ends February 29, with a grace period until March 14.